Pine Cone Bird Feeder
To: Crafts for Kids
...The Pine Cone Bird Feeder is fun to make. Not only for the kids, but for the "kid at heart."
To Make the Pine Cone Feeder: You will need:
Bowls * Make sure bowls are big enough for pine cones to lay down.
String or Ribbon
1. Find some pine cones
2. Tie string to the top of the pine cone
2. Put some peanut butter in a few bowls, so the children can
3. Give each child a bowl and put bird seed in it. *Hint: Not too much because you will find most of it on your table or floor.
4. Spread peanut butter all over and inside the pine cone, leaving the top as clean as you can.
5. Roll the pine cone in the seed, make sure all the peanut
butter is covered.
6. Hang your pine cone in a shrub or a tree with lots of branches, because the birds will probably not land on the feeder and they will need somewhere to perch.
7. Be sure to hang it in a shrub or tree that is by a window, so that you can watch all the action.
8. Have Fun!
To: Home... From: Pine Cone Feeder